1. Inclement Weather:
Events may be conducted regardless of weather conditions. In the event of rain or other unfavorable conditions, it may be necessary to alter the order of the event schedule, including but not limited to, adjusting the length of the race or delaying or stopping the program completely. Should a delay occur, every effort will be made to resume the schedule in a timely fashion if conditions significantly improve.
2. Pit Vehicles:
Spectator and pit riding is prohibited.
3. Pit Crews:
Riders are responsible for the actions of their entire pit crew.
4. Medical Insurance:
NECXC Racing does not provide medical insurance for competitors, and we urge you not to compete without it. Medical insurance is the sole responsibility of the competitor.
5. Riders must register for the race before riding their machine anywhere, may not exceed 1st gear idle when traveling to/from their pit area, and must always wear a helmet. Warm-up riding is limited to the start area and only after an official has given permission and the rider has registered for the event.
6. Riders will receive two numbered helmet tags for emergency back-up scoring. Place them both on each chin side of the helmet; place the colored tag on the back of the helmet. Colored class tags are only used for Adult Classes.
7. Riders must obtain a transponder. YOU MUST NOT HAVE 2 TRANSPONDERS ON YOUR HELMET AT ONE TIME. PLEASE REMOVE ONE BEFORE REGISTERING TO RACE, MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THE PROPER TRANSPONDER NUMBER ON YOUR REGISTRATION FORM. Transponders can be purchased at your first race with out membership. This Transponders can be used for the remainder of the year, however if you are not a member you must pay a day pass for each race event.
8. The Riders Meeting will be conducted on the Start Line before the start of each race. All riders are responsible for attending.
9. Riders shall line up on their assigned Starting Row on a first come basis when directed by the race official.
10. A NECXC course may include trails, footpaths, roads, hills, motocross tracks, or any type of terrain which can be negotiated by a motorcycle or ATV.
11. Marking, cutting, tampering with or otherwise changing the course in any manner is strictly prohibited. Course modifications may only be made by an official.
12. No one, except officials and riders officially entered in the race program, may ride on the race course at any time during the event.
13. Riders must remain on the marked course. The marked course is within 25 feet of race arrows. However, riders must stay within the confines of the following markers: double arrows posted on both sides of the trail, ribbons, signs, stakes, hay bales, barrels, motocross track, grass track, etc.. If a racer is caught off marked course or cutting marked course by an official they will be disqualified.
14. Riders encountering a traffic jam or bottleneck may go more than 25 feet off the course to get around the bottleneck only. However, the rider must re-enter the course as soon as possible, and upon approaching this section the next lap, must ride the original arrowed section if the track is clear. If the original marking devices are knocked down, the rider must stay on the original marked course regardless. A "bottleneck" is a section of the track that becomes impassable for any reason, with the exception of checkpoints.
15. If a rider leaves the course for any reason they must re-enter where they left the course. The machine a rider leaves the start line with is the official machine of the rider for that event, and may not be switched during the event. In either case the rider will be penalized.
16. Riders my make repairs and otherwise receive mechanical assistance anywhere but scoring, along the course from anyone. All such repairs and assistance must be made without causing interference with other riders and in a suitable area off the racetrack. If a rider is towed off the track for any reason they are not allowed to re-enter the race.
17. The race officially ends for all contestants at the completion of the lap in which the checkered flag is displayed to the overall winner.
18. NECXC is not liable for any lost or stolen property of participants or spectators.
19. ALL RACERS MUST STOP UNDER THE SCROCING TENT EACH LAP. IF YOU DO NOT STOP YOU WILL NOT BE COUNTED FOR THAT LAP!
20. All mini and youth events will be DEAD ENGINE start with the exception of the 50cc mini bike classes.
21. ALL ATVs mini, youth and adult MUST have a tether switch.
22. YOU MUST BRING HELMET TO REGISTRATION FRO EACH RACE FOR TECH INSPECTION OF TRANSPONDERS...
23. A PARENT MUST ACCOMPANY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 TO REGISTRATION.
24. minor release update 6/28/2018
1. FIRE EXTINGUISHER
2. 4-POINT HARNESS
3. PROTECTIVE GEAR
4. MUST HAVE CO-PILOT
5. PRO/PRO-AM CLASSES MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE to be DRIVER or CO-PILOT
6. ALL OTHER CLASSES MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE WITH VALID ID.
7. DUMP-BED CLASS MUST HAVE AN OEM BED THAT DUMPS